- 1 lb. buttton or cremini mushroom caps
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- panko bread crumbs for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Cook slices of bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp and evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and crumble when cooled.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together cream cheese, crumbled bacon, parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
4. Spoon filling into the mushroom caps, using about 1 tsp. filling per cap.
5. Transfer to a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle panko bread crumbs on top. Bake until mushrooms are tender and filling is golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.